After much searching this is the only way I could figure out how to add a calendar when running in an Android Emulator. This is not a new problem, many users have complained about this on the internet see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14971158/avd-emulator-has-no-option-to-sync-with-google-calendar
“Starting January 30, 2013, users, other than paid Google Apps users, won’t be able to set up new devices using Google Sync”.
in other words unless you have a paid Google account, this method will not work with your Google account.
To get this to work I signed up for a free outlook.com account, and used that to add an account. Outlook.com supports Active Sync on it’s free accounts.
Steps I followed:
- Sign out for free account at outlook.com
- Select a Corporate Account
- Enter username such as email@example.com
- Select Manual Setup
- Select account type of “Exchange” (This will allow us to sync with active sync)
- Enter Server as s.outlook.com
- Security type as SSL/TLS
- Select next
If successful you will see a screen like this:
You are now done. Go test that calendar!