WARNING: THIS PROJECT IS OUTDATED AND NOT MAINTAINED.
As of 10/19/2009, Jango Desktop is going open source. Please check out the project at http://code.google.com/p/jango-desktop/ and jump right in. Programmers, graphic designers, or just your ideas, whatever your skills may be you are welcome to join the fun.
- Media Key support
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Ctrl + up rates the current song great
- Ctrl + down rates the current song bad
- Ctrl + right arrow rates the song ok
- Ctrl + ? (no shift so really ctrl + /) shows the current song playing
- Run from system tray only (Minimize to tray, double click icon to bring the window back).
- Auto updater for new features
- .NET 2.0
- A Jango.com account
- Enjoy listening to music
Why Did I make this?:
I am a big fan of both Pandora, Jango, and streaming music in general. I think they are great. However, I also feel that being a web-based application they lack features that exist in a desktop media player. For example, keyboard shortcuts and notifications are features I cannot live without. I found that there is a desktop application for pandora that tries to remedy some of Pandora’s flaws. It is called Pandora’s Box developed by Daniel Mackey from http://cdfan.com for Jango there has been nothing until now.
You can read all about updates and bug fixes here if you are interested.
Do you like my work? How about buying me a coffee?
I want to give a special thanks to the following people:
- Jennifer Vitti from http://jennifervitti.com
- Greg Koberger from http://gkoberger.net
- FamFamFam.com – I use many of the icons in my project.
for testing and finding bugs in the application.
Jango Desktop is in no way affiliated with www.jango.com. By downloading Jango Desktop you claim full responsibility for the use of this application.