This procedure work as of June 5th 2010
When trying to uninstall TrendMico Office Scan you are prompted for a password.
- Start -> run and type MSCONFIG
- Under services and uncheck TrendMicro Unauthorized Change Prevention Service
- Restart the computer
- Start -> run type Regedit
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Misc
- Changing the AllowUninstall value to 1
Followed the receipt, but was still not allowed to change the regkey setting. So ran regedt32 from a different computer and accessed the registry over the network. Voila!
Worked like a charm! I couldn’t make changes to my registry either, but this part worked perfectly,
•Start -> run and type MSCONFIG
•Under services and uncheck TrendMicro Unauthorized Change Prevention Service
I’m Verry Happy!!!!
Thank you very much for helping me and people 😀